As more COVID-19 cases are reported and the Alberta Government declares a state of public health emergency, Alberta Health Services (AHS) has announced directives to restrict mass gatherings and ensure social distancing. In view of this, we’re taking the following measures to help our community combat this pandemic and protect our members, attendees, and staff. Your safety and well-being are very important to us.
- All public meetings sponsored by our church are suspended. As a result, all church meetings will be exclusively online (virtual meeting) where possible, including prayer meetings, worship services, fellowship meetings, and small group meetings. We’re reviewing options to move these gatherings to online platforms and will update you when details become available. The respective leaders will contact you for the smaller group gatherings.
- The church building will be closed except to necessary staff, to do our part in prevention. You can still connect with church staff through phone and email. Please refer to our website or service bulletins for contact information.
- Updates will be posted on our website (www.ecac.ca) to coordinate the church activities throughout this public health crisis.
- We’re mindful that social distancing could lead to social isolation. The pastoral staff and leaders are looking at innovative ways to care, encourage, and provide hope in a time like this.
- As a caring community, we encourage you to reach out to each other, especially the most vulnerable, and stay in touch using telephone or video calling. This may serve to increase communication and help connect with one another like a body of Christ.
“How good and pleasant it is when brothers [and sisters] lived together in unity… for there the LORD bestows his blessing, even life forevermore.” Psalm 133:1,3