April 12, 2020
Happy Easter Church! May the love of God and the resurrection power of our Lord Jesus be with you all.
We hope everyone is adjusting well to the new normal. We sincerely pray that you will be safe, stay healthy and be well cared for.
Non-medical face masks:
We are aware of the public Health benefits of wearing non-medical masks to decrease transmission of the coronavirus. Over this past week, both the chief public health doctors of Canada and Alberta have spoken to encourage Canadians to wearing a non-medical mask. https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/alberta…-1.5523361
To help our ECAC community in this pandemic, ECAC is offering DIY cloth masks to our community free of charge with a limited supply. We can provide you with two masks for each adult in your family for essential activities such as grocery shopping, getting medications, etc. Sincerely we thank a group of creative and loving brothers and sisters for making these cloth masks.
Below is a video to show you how to properly wear the mask.
You can send us your requests according to our language groups:
For CMC community, please contact your Fellowship communities and Small Group leaders to organize the order and drop off. If you are not part of those groups, please send your requests to [email protected]
For MMC community, please send your requests to [email protected]
For EMC community, please contact your TYF, Summit Fellowship leaders and Small Group leaders to organize the order and drop off. If you are not part of those groups, please send your requests to [email protected]
The pastoral team will connect with the seniors and others with no access to emails.
Latest Update on DIY Masks: Thank you for requesting our DIY masks and helping to reduce viral transmission in this global pandemic. Due to limited supply, the deadline for requesting masks is April 19th Sunday midnight, after which we will not accept any more requests.
Useful and Reliable COVID-19 resources:
During this COVID-19 crisis, we are often bombarded with news and fake news concerning the coronavirus. Below are some useful and reliable resources that Dr. Mao Lee, our brother and special medical advisor to the ERT, has compiled for us.
- Expert update on the SARS-CoV2 coronavirus causing the COVID-19 outbreak : https://fems-microbiology.org/expert…-covid-19-outbreak/
On the bottom of the page, you will also find all the scientific literature published on COVID-19. They are all free to access for now.
- Science Media Center of Canada: Reactions/Opinions from Canadian experts (various disciplines) on matters related to COVID-19
Key publications: http://sciencemediacentre.ca/site/recent-covid-19-studies-2/
- Science Alert: All things science, including COVID-19 : https://www.sciencealert.com/
- WHO on COVID-19 : https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
Literature database on COVID-19: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-…-2019-ncov
- CDC, Atlanta : https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
Wellness and Mental Health:
We have also received resource materials relating to wellness and mental health during COVID-19 that could be beneficial in caring for yourself and others in times of uncertainty.
If you know of any needs among our congregations, please let us know through the pastors, or fellowship or small group leaders. We will not leave anyone behind, and we are here to care for you and each other.
- As of April 6, brothers and sisters are welcome to use different ways in making offering and donation to support the church’s financial needs. These include mailing or dropping your offering to the church and registering with the church office to use e-transfer in making donation online. Initial response by brothers and sisters to these new ways of donation has been enthusiastic.
- Due to the uncertainty created by COVID-19, the Elder Board has decided to cancel JMC’s programs including VBS and David Camp this summer. As well, our Open House on June 27 will be cancelled.
- We are developing a new Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/EdmontonAlliance/) so that we can enhance our connection and interaction. Stay tuned!
Isaiah 26:3 ‘You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you.’ (NIV)