Our Reopening Strategy
After careful deliberation and prayer, we will reopen church services on September 6 starting with the Mandarin 9:30am Sunday service. This next phase will provide the option to attend in-person at the church building, in addition to online video streaming. We have spent months developing safety measures to protect you and your family. These are listed in the “Our Safety Measures” section below. Those who are at high-risk or over the age of 65 are encouraged to join online for worship services.
The Cantonese, English, and Children & Youth Sunday services will follow at a later date. Online streaming will be available for all services, as usual.
There is a maximum of 50 attendees allowed at each service due to safety measures. To sign up to attend the 9:30am Mandarin Sunday service in-person, please visit www.ecac.ca. Registration is open each week from Thursday at 12pm to Saturday at 6pm.
Why Open Now?
Regardless of method that you participate in church, we are called to be united as one body in Christ. The last several months of distancing and isolation have taken a mental toll on everyone—some more than others. We are not removing the option to stream from your home but providing another option for those who wish to worship in the church building.
Technology has allowed us to remain connected in ways that were not possible years ago. But, as we are discovering, worshipping God in-person and in a community cannot be replaced.
As this is not a time for judgment, we ask for your understanding for those who wish to attend in person and those who wish to join online. We wish to safely serve the needs of as many of you as possible.
Our Safety Measures
The safety measures implemented by our church is in alignment with Alberta Government guidance and restrictions on gatherings. The safety measures and sanitization protocols are, and are not limited to:
- Physical distancing at all times between households with capped attendance numbers and adequate spacing in between seats
- Mandatory masks when in the church building
- Screening assessment including temperature checks (must be below 37°C) and self-assessment questions asked upon arrival
- Frequent sanitization including spray downs in before and after services and hand sanitizer readily available onsite for attendees
- Singing is not permitted at this time as it is a high-risk activity
- Attendance records for contact tracing
- Staggered exit after services to allow for proper distancing
How to Register and Attend
Here are the steps to sign up and attend the 9:30am Mandarin Sunday service in-person.… Click here to read more