1) VBS is finally over! So thankful to see the kids enjoyed it very much. Some of the children asked the crew leader, “will I see you tomorrow?” It was so sweet to hear this. Thank God for giving us these simple and lovely children and we miss them too!
2) I must have to share this! Satan never gives up! Last night, there was a severe thunders, lighting and rainfall at around 2:30 am. This thunderstorm and lighting caused power outage such that no air conditioning and fan could be turned on! Thankful that it wasn’t too hot that we couldn’t sleep but of course it wasn’t too good either. The next morning when we woke up, we realized our cars couldn’t leave the house that we were staying to church for VBS because the house had an electric gate, Next was the church! Was there any power at church? If not, there would be no way to continue our final VBS day. We then would need to delay the VBS for a day and many kids might not be able to join it. Praise the Lord for He is good! There is power at the Church neighborhood so that we didn’t have to rearrange another day! Power was recovered in the afternoon.
3) Thank God that we had a very good workshop presented by Sandra. Audiences found it’s very helpful and asked lots of questions.
1) Please pray for the DMM (Disciple Making Movement) training tomorrow night. Lena and Bruce will be leading this training. May this training be helpful to the church group leaders.
2) Pray for the weather that it won’t have power outage again.
3) Pray for Sunday, as there will be a few things going on. Our first team will be leaving Aruba and arriving Edmonton in the early morning on Oct 9th. Pray for the safe flight as there is a storm moving towards Miami, hope the storm won’t affect the departure.
4) Pray for the fellowships on Sunday! After last Sunday, we realised that these 2 fellowships are not quite suitable to join together due to different age groups and maturity. Our first team will need to help out the fellowships in the morning before they leave in the afternoon.
5) Pray for Sunday worship and Mid-Autumn Festival celebration. Pray for Pastor Miranda as she needs to prepare 2 messages for the two events. Also pray for team 2 who will be handling the celebration at night. Pray for those non-believers – they can open their heart for gospel and they can enjoy the night.