“The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, And knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.” Proverbs 9:10
Our mission is to foster children, especially those locally born, to be interested in the Chinese language and culture,and to be able to speak and write Chinese through listening, speaking, reading, writing, and playing.
Objectives of the Edmonton Alliance Chinese School
- It is our goal to equip our students with the skills and knowledge necessary to read Chinese publications, and to correspond and converse in Chinese.
- We endeavour to expose our students to traditional Chinese culture, ethics, and morals, to increase their global and cultural awareness in the hope that they may become good citizens who will make positive contributions to both the nation and to society.
- Christian education is included in the curriculum to help students to establish constructive goals in life and to build up a healthy spiritual life.
Our specially designed curriculum includes learning Chinese characters, participating in cultural festivals, Bible stories (in Chinese), traditional Chinese calligraphy, playing traditional Chinese games, and much more. In our kindergarten program, our “learning through playing” curriculum makes it much easier and more fun for the local born children to learn Chinese.
Cantonese and Mandarin Programs*:
– Beginner Class: 1**, 2, 3
– Junior Class: 1, 2
– Intermediate Class: 1, 2
– Advanced Class 1, 2
*Please note class availability for both the Cantonese and Mandarin Program is subject to interest.
**New students in Beginner 1 must reach the age of 3 prior to September 1st and have proper potty training.
Our Learning Program Components:
- Text Books
Textbooks are designed in a “spiral” concept to help students build a basic vocabulary of Chinese words, phrases, sentences, and paragraphs. Topics of lessons not only cover aspects of Clothing, Food, Housing and Transportation but also the cultural and religious aspects such as Church life, Christmas, Easter, and Thanksgiving, etc.
- Supplement Work Sheets
These are designed to complement the textbook lessons. Through homework assignment and tests, students can reinforce their learning and mark their progress.
- Composition and Comprehension
Through storytelling, video watching and learning vocabulary, punctuation marks and sentence patterns, students can develop their writing skills in a systematic manner from simple to advanced levels.
- Writing Chinese & Penmanship
Students learn different Chinese characters, word structure, writing strokes, and their sequences through vigorous practices to master the writing of the Chinese language from single words to phrases and sentences. The annual Calligraphy contest is a showoff of the students’ skill in Chinese penmanship.
- Chinese Cultural Learning
A variety of Chinese Cultural Activities will be arranged during the school year. Students will have direct exposures to Chinese cultures through making snacks, playing traditional Chinese games and Calligraphy.
Address: 5019 – 199 Street, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T6M 2T6
Telephone: (780) 444 – 0458
Fax: (780) 483 – 2640
Saturday: 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
2022-2023 New Student Enrolment Notice
Cantonese and Mandarin program:
- Beginner 1, 2, 3
- Junior level 1, 2, Intermediate 1, 2 and Advanced 1, 2
- The Chinese Cultural Activities will run an hour 3 times in the school year.
- Please note class availability for both Cantonese and Mandarin program is subject to interest.
- New students in Beginner 1 must reach the age of 3 prior to Sept 1st and potty training must be done.
- Classes run every Saturday and end at 12:00 PM (there are no classes on long weekends):
- Beginner Classes: 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
- Junior, Intermediate, Advanced Classes: 9:15 AM – 12:00PM
Student Registration Date:
- From June 1st, First Come First Serve.
- Please register via Google form – https://forms.gle/
The school fee for the full academic year is $320 (includes a non-refundable registration fee of $10)
Early Bird Discount:
- New Students – Parents can enjoy an early bird discount of $20 if school fees are paid in full on or before June 25, 2022, by 4:00 pm. First Come First Served.
- One sibling of enrolled students can receive an additional $20 discount on their school fees.
- Cheques by MAIL: Please make cheques payable to “Edmonton Alliance Chinese School” with the student’s name and applying grade on the back of the cheque. To reserve a spot in class, school fees payment by mail should be RECEIVED on or before June 25 by 4 pm. Mail to:
Edmonton Alliance Chinese School
5019-199 Street NW
Edmonton, AB T6M 2T6
- Drop in at Edmonton Alliance Chinese School
Date: June 25, 2022
Time: 1pm – 4pm
Method of Payment: Cash or Check
- If a student withdraws BEFORE October 1st, 2022, a refund will be issued after deducting administration fees of $100.
- If a student withdraws AFTER October 1st, 2022, here will be no refund given.