Edmonton Alliance Chinese School
“The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, And knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.” Proverbs 9:10
Our mission is to foster children, especially those locally born, to be interested in the Chinese language and culture,and to be able to speak and write Chinese through listening, speaking, reading, writing and playing.
Objectives of the Edmonton Alliance Chinese School
- It is our goal to equip our students with the skills and knowledge necessary to read Chinese publications, and to correspond and converse in Chinese.
- We endeavour to expose our students to traditional Chinese culture, ethics, and morals, to increase their global and cultural awareness in the hope that they may become good citizens who will make positive contributions to both the nation and to society.
- Christian education is included in the curriculum to help students to establish constructive goals in life and to build up a healthy spiritual life.
Our specially designed curriculum includes learning Chinese characters, participating in cultural festivals, bible stories (in Chinese), traditional Chinese calligraphy, playing traditional Chinese games, and much more. In our kindergarten program, our “learning through playing” curriculum makes it much easier and more fun for the local born children to learn Chinese.
Beginner 1 to 3, junior class (total of 2 years), intermediate class (total of 2 years) and advanced class (total of 2 years).
Beginner 1 & 2, junior class (total of 2 years), intermediate class (total of 2 years) and advanced class (total of 2 years).
Every Saturday Morning (except long weekends)
All beginner classes will start at 10:00 am until noon
All Junior, intermediate and Advanced classes at 9:15 am until noon
School Fee for 2019-2020 School Year:
– Fee for the full academic year is $320 which includes a non-refundable registration fee of $10.
– There is an early bird discount of $30 if school fees are paid in full before June 15th, 2019 by 12:00pm.
– Siblings of enrolled students will receive an additional $20 discount on their school fees.
– Space will be reserved for returning students first and newly registered siblings only if the registration form and
school fees are paid in full and submitted before May 4th, 2019.
– New student registration begins on May 11th, 2019
– New students must reach the age of 3 years before September 1st 2019. They will be assessed and placed according to their Chinese language abilities.
– If you are enrolling for the first time, please bring your child, the completed registration form and payment in full to the school office.
– School office hours are Saturday 9:30 am to 12:00 pm, excluding long weekends.
– Chinese School will be closed for the summer starting from June 15th, 2019 and will reopen on September 7th, 2019.
– For any inquiries, please send an email to email@example.com For more information, please visit www.ecac.ca
Our learning program contains many components:
- Text Books
Text books are designed in a “spiral” concept to help students build a basic vocabulary of Chinese words, phrases, sentences and paragraphs. Topics of lessons not only cover aspects of family life, community, and science but also the cultural and religious aspects such as Church life, Christmas, Easter, and Thanksgiving, etc.
- Exercise Books
These are designed to complement the text book lessons and expand on the Chinese vocabulary of common preposition, grammar and terminology. Through homework assignment and tests, students can reinforce their learning and mark their progress.
- Composition and Comprehension
Through the various culture activities like learning Chinese Poems and Idiom and listening to popular folk legends, students can develop their listening skill and broaden their knowledge of the Chinese culture. The annual Choral Speaking competition and the many performance opportunities through out the school year all help to deepen the students’ interest in learning and give them a sense of ownership.
Essay lessons are designed in a systematic manner from simple to advance levels for Kindergarten and Grades 1 to 6. This would help to develop the students’ composition skill in writing Chinese essays.
- Writing Chinese & Penmanship
Students learn the different Chinese characters, the word structure, the writing strokes, and their sequences through vigorous practices to master the writing of the Chinese language from single words to phrases and sentences. The annual Calligraphy contest is a show off of the students’ skill in Chinese penmanship.
- Mandarin Language
Mandarin lessons are composed of common conversation; children’s songs and the Hanyu Pinyin Romanization method that are tailored to suit the interest of the Canadian born children.
Address: 5019 – 199 Street, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T6M 2T6
Telephone: (780) 444 – 0458
Fax: (780) 483 – 2640
Saturday: 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM