Edmonton Alliance Chinese School
“The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, And knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.” Proverbs 9:10
Our mission is to foster children, especially those locally born, to be interested in the Chinese language and culture,and to be able to speak and write Chinese through listening, speaking, reading, writing, and playing.
Objectives of the Edmonton Alliance Chinese School
- It is our goal to equip our students with the skills and knowledge necessary to read Chinese publications, and to correspond and converse in Chinese.
- We endeavour to expose our students to traditional Chinese culture, ethics, and morals, to increase their global and cultural awareness in the hope that they may become good citizens who will make positive contributions to both the nation and to society.
- Christian education is included in the curriculum to help students to establish constructive goals in life and to build up a healthy spiritual life.
Our specially designed curriculum includes learning Chinese characters, participating in cultural festivals, Bible stories (in Chinese), traditional Chinese calligraphy, playing traditional Chinese games, and much more. In our kindergarten program, our “learning through playing” curriculum makes it much easier and more fun for the local born children to learn Chinese.
Cantonese and Mandarin Programs*:
– Beginner Class: 1**, 2, 3
– Junior Class: 1, 2
– Intermediate Class: 1, 2
– Advanced Class 1, 2
*Please note class availability for both the Cantonese and Mandarin Program is subject to interest.
**New students in Beginner 1 must reach the age of 3 prior to September 1st and have proper potty training.
Our Learning Program Components:
- Text Books
Textbooks are designed in a “spiral” concept to help students build a basic vocabulary of Chinese words, phrases, sentences, and paragraphs. Topics of lessons not only cover aspects of Clothing, Food, Housing and Transportation but also the cultural and religious aspects such as Church life, Christmas, Easter, and Thanksgiving, etc.
- Supplement Work Sheets
These are designed to complement the textbook lessons. Through homework assignment and tests, students can reinforce their learning and mark their progress.
- Composition and Comprehension
Through storytelling, video watching and learning vocabulary, punctuation marks and sentence patterns, students can develop their writing skills in a systematic manner from simple to advanced levels.
- Writing Chinese & Penmanship
Students learn different Chinese characters, word structure, writing strokes, and their sequences through vigorous practices to master the writing of the Chinese language from single words to phrases and sentences. The annual Calligraphy contest is a showoff of the students’ skill in Chinese penmanship.
- Chinese Cultural Learning
A variety of Chinese Cultural Activities will be arranged during the school year. Students will have direct exposures to Chinese cultures through making snacks, playing traditional Chinese games and Calligraphy.
Address: 5019 – 199 Street, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T6M 2T6
Telephone: (780) 444 – 0458
Fax: (780) 483 – 2640
Saturday: 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Registration Notice for 2021-2022
Edmonton Alliance Chinese school will re-open from January 8 to June 11, 2022, and the school will accept registration of returning students from June 15 whereas new student registration will begin from August 1st till 15th.
The Chinese School will continue adopting a theme-based interactive approach for both Cantonese and Mandarin classes. Grades 1-6 students will be grouped into junior class (total of 2 years), intermediate class (total of 2 years) and advanced class (total of 2 years). Chinese cultural activities during this academic year will be adjusted to twice for an hour each time in intermediate and advanced classes to enhance the learning of students.
Beginner 1 to 3, junior class (total of 2 years), intermediate class (total of 2 years)
Beginner 1 & 2, junior class (total of 2 years), intermediate class (total of 2 years)
School Schedule: Every Saturday Morning (except long weekends)
Beginner Classes: 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Junior, Intermediate, Advanced Classes: 9:15 AM – 12:00PM
School Fee for 2021-2022 School Year
- Fee for this academic year from January 8, 2022 to June 11, 2022 is $210 (including non-refundable registration fee, $10). Siblings of enrolled students will receive an additional $20 discount.
- During the recovering from the pandemic, the school will adjust total numbers of students in each level: 10 students in each Beginner 1-3 class and 5 students in each Junior /Intermediate class
- New students must reach the age of 3 years before September 1st, 2021. They will be assessed and placed according to their Chinese language abilities.
- For any further inquiries, please send an email to email@example.com