Our marriage is a precious gift from God. Our church has a vision for building and strengthening healthy, Christ-centered marriages in our community.
“They will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit.” – Jeremiah 17:8
We aim to do this by:
- Providing digital/physical marriage resources, teaching, training and conferences
- Establishing a community of mentor/mentee relationships
- Encouraging relationship building and joyful fellowship through marriage-centered activities and events
Please check this page for upcoming ministry activities!
For more information, please contact Michelle Lee at email@example.com.
Prepare Pre-Marital Sessions (Winter/Spring): Getting married soon? We invite newly engaged couples to our pre-marital conversation based on research from Prepare-Enrich Canada. Pastor Brandon helps couples discuss key topics to have a successful marriage in a mix of group and individual couple sessions. Contact Pastor Brandon for more information!
Ministry Launch Event
Our kick-off luncheon is taking place at Edmonton Chinese Alliance Church on Sunday, September 24 at 12:45pm. Registration is now full! Attendees can complete a follow-up survey here.
- Date: Sunday, September 24, 2023
- Location: Dynamic Centre, Edmonton Chinese Alliance Church
- Address: 5019 – 199 Street
- Lunch served at 12:45pm
- Presentation & Gameshow at 1:30pm
FamilyLife Weekend Getaway
The FamilyLife Weekend Getaway is a weekend marriage retreat designed to enrich your relationship and give you an opportunity to reconnect with your spouse in a beautiful setting (kid-free!).
Our church has a group registered for the November 17-19, 2023 conference held at Jasper Park Lodge. If you’re interested in attending and would like to join our group and take advantage of the group discount ($199/couple), please follow the steps below:
- Visit the FamilyLife Getaway page
- Scroll to the Nov 17-19, 2023 conference at Jasper Park Lodge and click “Register Now”
- Under “Actions” click “Join a Group”
- Select “ECAC Jasper Getaway” (Passcode: 5019)
- Enter the quantity under “Group Registration” and click “Continue” (One registration per couple)
- Follow remaining prompts to register and pay for the event
Please contact Michelle Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org or 780-953-8892 if you have any questions or would like more information.
More FamilyLife Events
Starting Marriage Strong (October 1 – December 3) is an 8-week online marriage prep course aimed at equipping engaged or soon-to-be engaged couples with wisdom, hope and helpful communication tools as they discuss essential conversations that every couple should have before getting married. It is designed to complement the pre-marital counselling services provided within the church.
Marriage Mentoring Training (October 21) – Do you have a good marriage and a heart to help others? If so, consider being a marriage mentor! FamilyLife will provide the material and training needed. You provide 90 minutes of your time, once a month, for 12 months supporting and encouraging another couple, through guided conversation and sharing life experiences. Sign up for the next marriage mentor training session here.