Our marriage is a precious gift from God. Our church has a vision for building and strengthening healthy, Christ-centered marriages in our community.
“They will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit.” – Jeremiah 17:8
We aim to do this by:
- Providing digital/physical marriage resources, teaching, training and conferences
- Establishing a community of mentor/mentee relationships
- Encouraging relationship building and joyful fellowship through marriage-centered activities and events
Please check this page for upcoming ministry activities!
For more information, please contact Michelle Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prepare Pre-Marital Sessions (Winter/Spring): Getting married soon? We invite newly engaged couples to our pre-marital conversation based on research from Prepare-Enrich Canada. Pastor Brandon helps couples discuss key topics to have a successful marriage in a mix of group and individual couple sessions. Contact Pastor Brandon for more information!
FamilyLife Weekend Getaways
Next weekend getaway in Lake Louise is April 19-21, 2024!
What a blessing to have 10 couples from our church attend the FamilyLife Weekend Getaway last fall in Jasper!
It was a great weekend of connection, learning about and working through relational, emotional, physical and spiritual oneness with our spouse. Such an encouragement to see so many couples from our community attend the conference and invest time into strengthening the foundation of their marriage.
Sad to have missed out? We have another group from ECAC attending the marriage conference on April 19-21, 2024, this time in the beautiful setting of Lake Louise!
Take advantage of our group rate of $199/couple, and register following these steps:
- Visit the FamilyLife Getaway page
- Scroll to the April 19-21, 2024 conference at Lake Louise and click “Register Now”
- Under “Actions” click “Join a Group”
- Select “Edmonton Chinese Alliance Church” (Passcode: 5019)
- Enter the quantity under “Group Registration” and click “Continue” (One registration per couple)
- Follow remaining prompts to register and pay for the event
Upcoming training session on February 24, 2024
Marriage mentoring pairs up a couple looking to be mentored (mentee couple) with a couple at a later season of their marriage (mentor couple) who can provide encouragement, support and practical advice through guided conversations.
Unsure if you’re qualified to be a mentor? All you need is:
- A good marriage (not perfect!)
- A desire to listen, support and encourage another couple
- A willingness to share your own experiences
- 90 minutes of time, once a month to meet with the mentee couple, for 12 months
All other materials will be provided.
Please contact Michelle Lee at email@example.com if you are a couple looking to receive mentoring, or if you are interested in becoming mentor. Training is offered by FamilyLife Canada.
The next Marriage Mentoring online training session is on February 24, 2024.