Aruba STM (October 8-15)
Aruba STM (Sept 30 - Oct 7)
After 7.5 hours of delay team 2 safely arrived home on Oct 16. They were very tired but full of thankfulness. All 12 members of the short term mission team would like to express their upmost appreciation for all the prayers from brothers and sisters.
We sincerely invite all of you to join the morning session of mission conference on Oct 28 to hear the STM team’s sharing.
Due to severe weather, Team 2’s plane has to be stopped at the Hamilton Airport for refuel. They will not be able to catch the connecting flight and will not arrive on schedule. The pilot has not made an official announcement but it is very likely that they won’t return back to Edmonton till later tomorrow morning.
Thank God that they are all in good spirit. For those team members who are supposed to work tomorrow have successfully notified their employers about this situation.
Please pray that they will have a safe trip back. Please also remember their physical condition as they may not have had any proper meals since they left Aruba.
Caleb… Click here to read more
Prayer warriors, thank you for your two weeks of consistent praying for us! With your prayers, we can make it through the two weeks of short term mission. Satan has been working hard to hinder us in many ways! With God’s grace and the power of prayer from you all, we have worked through it and experienced the sweetness of walking with God!
1) Praise the Lord. Team 2 has experienced the blessing of our Lord in the 2nd week of short term mission at Aruba. We get another week to share with and visit the local Chinese.
2) We are so thankful that none of us have to use any medication that we brought along, which means we are all in good health, except the bug spray and after bite Chinese brand medicine. Our legs are however decorated with dots (mosquito bites)😭
1) Pray for the Saturday sisters’ fellowship. We invited some non-Christian ladies to attend. Pray that they will participate in the fellowship!
2) Pray for our team on Sunday morning to lead children and youth fellowships. Like last week, Tammy’s laptop has sound problem again. With the last week experience and without Caleb being around to help reinstalling the sound card driver, we will save the presentation files on an USB drive and transport the files to church old laptop for use in the fellowships.
3) Our team has checked in our flight and pretty much packed our luggage. Pray for a safe trip back to Edmonton and our adjustment of the temperature, from 33 degrees Celsius back to 0 degree Celsius or may be even lower! Some of us will go to work in the next morning, pray that we can sleep a bit on the plane and have the strength and energy to go to work the next day.
Thank you all! If I don’t have much update tomorrow, will see you all and share with you more when we return.… Click here to read more
1) We went to visit two more families today. May our care and love to them are meaningful.
2) Thank you Lord for the workshop and clinic tonight led by brother Bruce. Many people came out and need back massage after. Thank you God for giving brother energy and health to stand there for 2 hrs in order to help the people at the clinic.
1) Pray for the fellowship tomorrow night. We’ve invited some new comers. Pray for the team and especially for sister Lena as she will talk more on joint problem and care.
2) Pray for the team as we will be leaving in 2 days. Pray that everything will go smooth and fly back safely! We will help to lead the morning fellowship before heading to the airport!
Thank you all the prayer warriors! Your ceaseless prayers gave us lot of support!
Dear prayer warriors,
It’s another day of thanksgiving! This morning we went to the church and tried to clean some garbage and leaves out of the front entrance of the church. After that, we finished the VBS DVD packaging and took them with us for visitation.
1) The weather was still hot but with more clouds and wind, so we were able to spend about half an hour to clean up the garbage and leaves in front of the church.
2) We went more visitation afterwards, mainly targeting the VBS children and their families. The parents were more friendly and happy to see us back to visit them. We also invited some parents to join Saturday fellowship and they would consider to join.
3) DMM training part 2 was finished tonight. Sisters enjoyed the training and were encouraged from it.
1) Pray for the “Back Care” workshop and clinic tomorrow night. We will be going to the North side to host this workshop at a restaurant. If God is willing, North side is a place where gospel can be reached out to. Pray for Bruce, give him wisdom and health to present the workshop and help people in the clinic.
2) Few more visitations tomorrow, pray for our team members. Ask God to grant us wisdom to share the gospel with the prospects. Let us show our caring and bring hope to the people here.
Thank you all!