- SAVE THE DATE! Our beloved former Senior Pastor, R Stan Man with Joanna will come from October 8-10 and speak to us for Thanksgiving Special Event.
- Special Talk topic is: “How disciples can flourish in uncertain times”
- Friday, Oct 8 7:00-9:00 PM English, translate into Mandarin
- Saturday, Oct 9 7:00-9:00 PM Cantonese
- Both events will be done in hybrid style live via zoom and also in-person @ ECAC. In-person registration will be announced later.
- “Disciple-making Round Table” in English only: Oct 9, Saturday afternoon. Time will be announcement later.
2. Join as Video Cohost: Have interest in live video? In order to do our hybrid church model effectively we are calling for team members to our hosting team to run video. Contact Pastor Brandon for more info at firstname.lastname@example.org
3. In Person Services with a limit of 75 people (well under 1/3 capacity): Distancing and cleaning practices will be in place and face masking is required. Registration will be live Thursday 12pm to Saturday 6pm each week at ecac.ca. Families with children are welcome.
4. Wed Prayer Meeting (7:30 PM): Contact P. Brandon for the prayer meeting link.… Click here to read more
1. Parents, if you have not registered your children to attend JMC’s various activities for the school year in 2021/22, please go to JMC web page https://emc.ecac.ca/registerjmc to register as soon as possible.
2. JMC is looking for youth (grades 7-12) interested in serving on the youth worship team. Musical experience and skill levels of all types are welcome. All you need is a curiosity to discover more about serving Jesus through music. Please contact email@example.com (780-951-1537) to sign up.
3. Discovery Leaders are needed: We are still missing 2-3 more leaders to teach and to guide children in diving deeper into God’s word via zoom. Please contact Jannah Kwong if you are interested to teach.
4. WPM: Wednesday Prayer Meeting is still on going. Pre-K to Grade 2 is from 7:00-7:30 and Grade 3-6 is from 7:30-8:10. For more information, contact P. Phoebe at firstname.lastname@example.org… Click here to read more
JMC is looking for youth (grades 7-12) interested in serving on the youth worship team. Musical experience and skill levels of all types are welcome. All you need is a curiosity to discover more about serving Jesus through music. Please contact email@example.com (780-951-1537) to sign up.
1. The Discovery Sunday School starts online zoom meetings TODAT. For more information, contact the new Sunday School Coordinator Jannah Kwong at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Discovery Leaders are needed: We are still missing 2-3 more leaders to teach and to guide children in diving deeper into God’s word via zoom. Please contact Jannah Kwong if you are interested to teach.
3. WPM: Wednesday Prayer Meeting is still on going. Pre-K to Grade 2 is from 7:00-7:30 and Grade 3-6 is from 7:30-8:10. For more information, contact P. Phoebe at email@example.com… Click here to read more
1. Staff Away – Diana Poon is on vacation until September 24
2. 1st Virtual Canada Chinese Christian Winter Conference–Dec 27, 2021 to Jan 2, 2022 in 4 tracks. English Adult, Cantonese, Teens: Dec 31 – Jan 2; Children: Dec 27-28. Registration via website https://www.cccwc.ca/
Theme: Refresh Recharge Renew.
· English Adult: Tom Lin, President of InterVarsity Christian Fellowship, US
· Cantonese: Rev. Dr. Rev. Leung Ka Lun (Alliance Bible Seminary, HK)
· Teens: Sid Koop: Truth Matters | Youth Worker Community
· Children: Led by Child Evangelism Fellowship Manitoba
Special Program: · Mandy Harvey, Singer-Songwriter & Author, AGT ‘Golder Buzzer’
Teens Special Program: David Knight, Illusionist Check out their website for details on speakers, poster and registration.
And follow/like us on social media:
• https://www.facebook.com/cccwc… Click here to read more
- Caleb and Joshua Fellowships will host a welcome BBQ for those attending junior and senior high this Saturday, September 11. Please go to the outdoor courtyard at the back of the church building at 6 pm. Besides delicious BBQ food, there will be worship time, games and fellowship activities.
Our Re-opening Team has been actively meeting and discussing the COVID-19 developments with health professionals.
Over the course of the last month, we have successfully hosted in-person Sunday worship services in all three languages. We would like to acknowledge and thank all of those who have worked to make in-person and online worship services possible. We also thank all of you for your patience and support as we navigate technical challenges.
There is concern regarding the spread of the COVID-19 delta variant, which is why we continue to take a cautious approach and operate with the goal of protecting the health of you and our community.
In light of the variant situation, here are some updates to our church ministries as we approach the fall:
- The church will continue to monitor and assess the situation and make necessary adjustments after the province updates its direction in late September
- Sunday worship services for Cantonese, Mandarin, English will still be available both in-person and online
- Families are welcome to attend worship services together
- Parking lot and classroom bookings are available subject to certain limitations
- Other in-person ministries in the church building will continue to be postponed
We understand that some of you may feel disappointment in the continuation of restrictions. However, we must place our faith in the Lord and trust Him to see us through to safe pastures.
If any of you need help or need to talk to someone during this time, please contact your church leaders or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
“But God will never forget the needy; the hope of the afflicted will never perish” (Psalm 9:18).… Click here to read more
Pastor Derik Chan will be taking time for personal reflection and spiritual renewal in the upcoming months, including a spiritual retreat in September and October. To allow time for his spiritual renewal, his responsibilities in CMC will shift in the next several months.… Click here to read more
Thank you for MMC congregations to come clean-up our parking lot yesterday.
Our church is adopting a cautious and gradual approach in re-opening our facilities in order to protect everyone in our community. Therefore, basic hygiene practices like face masking, hand washing and physical distancing are highly recommended when entering church facilities. To enable us to continue to worship God and meet as a community for fellowship, the church’s re-opening plan is outlined below:
- In-person Sunday Services: The Cantonese and Mandarin services have resumed in-person gatherings with a 50-person limit. The English service is planning to have in-person gathering starting on August 8. The attendance limit will be raised to 75 in August, if favourable health conditions continue.
- Small Groups and Fellowships: Parking lot use and 2 classrooms (with limited capacity) can be booked through the church office.
- Dynamic Centre: At present, the Dynamic Centre is set up for the Cantonese in-person worship. Due to logistics and cleaning requirements, re-opening the Dynamic Centre will be revisited in September.
Furthermore, an integral strategy of our enhanced safety plan is to host an awareness campaign. We will arrange seminars for everyone to understand our protocols. You will be notified when the schedule becomes available. Please check the church’s web site (emc.ecac.ca/covid19) for more details and updates… Click here to read more