Our Reopening Strategy
After careful deliberation and prayer, we will reopen church services on September 6 starting with the Mandarin 9:30am Sunday service. This next phase will provide the option to attend in-person at the church building, in addition to online video streaming. We have spent months developing safety measures to protect you and your family. These are listed in the “Our Safety Measures” section below. Those who are at high-risk or over the age of 65 are encouraged to join online for worship services.
The Cantonese, English, and Children & Youth Sunday services will follow at a later date. Online streaming will be available for all services, as usual.
There is a maximum of 50 attendees allowed at each service due to safety measures. To sign up to attend the 9:30am Mandarin Sunday service in-person, please visit www.ecac.ca. Registration is open each week from Thursday at 12pm to Saturday at 6pm.
Why Open Now?
Regardless of method that you participate in church, we are called to be united as one body in Christ. The last several months of distancing and isolation have taken a mental toll on everyone—some more than others. We are not removing the option to stream from your home but providing another option for those who wish to worship in the church building.
Technology has allowed us to remain connected in ways that were not possible years ago. But, as we are discovering, worshipping God in-person and in a community cannot be replaced.
As this is not a time for judgment, we ask for your understanding for those who wish to attend in person and those who wish to join online. We wish to safely serve the needs of as many of you as possible.
Our Safety Measures
The safety measures implemented by our church is in alignment with Alberta Government guidance and restrictions on gatherings. The safety measures and sanitization protocols are, and are not limited to:
- Physical distancing at all times between households with capped attendance numbers and adequate spacing in between seats
- Mandatory masks when in the church building
- Screening assessment including temperature checks (must be below 37°C) and self-assessment questions asked upon arrival
- Frequent sanitization including spray downs in before and after services and hand sanitizer readily available onsite for attendees
- Singing is not permitted at this time as it is a high-risk activity
- Attendance records for contact tracing
- Staggered exit after services to allow for proper distancing
How to Register and Attend
Here are the steps to sign up and attend the 9:30am Mandarin Sunday service in-person.
- Register ahead of time at ecac.ca
- Registration is open from Thursday at 12pm to Saturday at 6pm
- There is a maximum of 50 registered attendees allowed for each service
- Those who have not pre-registered will be turned away at the door for the safety of all attendees
- Before You Come
- If you are sick or experiencing any COVID-19 related symptoms, please do not come to church. Take the Alberta Health Services COVID-19 self-assessment.
- If possible, use the washroom before your arrival to reduce washroom traffic at church
- Bring a face mask
- When You Arrive
- Leave space between parked vehicles where possible
- Upon arrival, you will be checked in by an usher who will perform a screening assessment and temperature check
- Please use hand sanitizer and wear a mask once inside the building
- The Worship Centre and washrooms are open, while access to the rest of the building is closed
- During service
- Seats will be distanced at least 2 meters apart between households
- Singing is not permitted at this time
- Re-entering the building is not permitted
- Leaving service
- An usher will dismiss attendees in a staggered order to allow for proper distancing
- Please use hand sanitizer as you exit
- You will be instructed to leave the building and will be allowed to socialize outside
Please watch this video to see what you can expect if you join our worship services in the church.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please email us at [email protected] for assistance.
The church will follow AHS guidance and will notify individuals using attendance records. If necessary, in-person services will be suspended. If COVID-19 cases get significantly worse in the city, the church will also consider suspending in-person services.
If you are feeling sick or come into contact with someone who has COVID-19, we ask that you do not attend in-person services.
Yes, registered children may attend, however, children’s ministry and Wee Care are not yet available. As per AHS guidelines, children must remain with you during service.
You are permitted to use the washroom during service. Please exit the Worship Centre at the nearest door.
The Cantonese service is tentatively starting in October. The English and Children & Youth services are currently planning its timeline.